About our Mentor & Mentee Programme
Applications for our 2020 intake have currently closed
Programme outcomes for the Mentees
- A greater sense of self-worth, personal identity and confidence
- Increased communication and relationship building skills
- Improved problem solving skills, ability to overcome challenges and resilience
- Greater knowledge around education/career options and the confidence to pursue those pathways
- Build a CV and enhance it with activities from the programme over the course of the year
- Mentors challenge and support mentees to operate outside of their current comfort zone
Whats involved in being a 'Mentor'
Mentors on the Hawea Vercoe Leadership Programme play an important role to ensure that rangatahi gain the experience needed to illustrate capable leadership skills.
- Mentors meet with their rangatahi at least once a month
- Mentors provide advice and guidance in relations to career and personal development
- Mentors support their rangatahi by providing opportunities that their rangatahi can attend.
As a mentor, not only do you assist in growing the rangatahi, but you also gain the experience of working with young people who are passionate and dedicated to changing the world.