The MOKO Foundation is on the lookout for new Trustees
- Organisation: The MOKO Foundation
- Website: https://www.themokofoundation.com/
- Location of applicants: New Zealand
- Duration of appointment: 3 years
- Time commitment: 8-10 half day meetings annually
- Remuneration: Unpaid
- Application closing date: 05/10/2018
The MOKO Foundation (“the Foundation”) is a not for profit registered charitable trust, established in Kaitaia in response to the generosity of New Zealanders who support the works of our founders Dr Lance and Tracy O'Sullivan. The Foundation works to provide opportunities and solutions on in the areas of health, education, innovation and youth leadership and development, particularly to vulnerable Māori communities and youth. The Foundation’s mission is to support and empower communities by providing them with the tools to achieve improved outcomes by the people, for the people.
In just a few years, the Foundation has grown significantly, becoming a provider of numerous services to large philanthropic organisations and individuals. To support this continued growth across Aotearoa, whilst retaining a strong presence in Kaitaia, the Foundation has recently relocated to Auckland.
The Foundation is strongly committed to projects that will not only improve the wellbeing of our communities, but contribute to world class research and innovation. At the forefront of this is iMOKO™ which, under the Foundation, aims to deliver innovative and effective health care for children of New Zealand who have health needs that are not being met.
The Foundation is seeking to recruit board members who can not only work to further develop the above initiatives, but develop and maintain key partnerships that contribute to the organisation in a meaningful and valuable way. Our board will also ensure our long term growth is sustainable and promotes the cultural, economic, social, health and environmental aspirations of all stakeholders.
IDEAL APPLICANT DESCRIPTION
It is essential that the applicant subscribes to values that are reflective of a Māori view on the world that is inclusive, aspirational and seeks to create a fairer, more equitable society and future. We welcome anyone who aligns with these values, regardless of ethnitcity, who feels they have the right skills to contribute.
Applicants should be committed, passionate and innovative leaders who have demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more of the following:
- Governance experience, particularly as a board chair
- In addition to this, governance particularly in the emergent and acceleration phases of growth relevant to the Foundation’s purpose
- Health or education sector, with a community focus
- Health or education research that delivers measurable outcomes
- Innovation in the digital space that can be applied to the health, education, community and family sectors
- Youth and youth development within the community
- A passion for excellence and changing the lives of New Zealanders
The successful candidates will embody the Foundation’s values, namely:
- Aroha – to show love, passion and respect
- Manaaki – to advocate for, support and empower when required
- Kaha – to be courageous
- Pono – to make every engagement authentic
- Tika – to show integrity, ensure accuracy, maintain high quality
- Whakawhanaungatanga – to integrate , work together
Further information about the organisation can be found at https://www.themokofoundation.com/ or https://bit.ly/2P0c6Hw
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Contact Name: Kevin McCaffrey
Contact number: 021925675
Contact email: Kevin.McCaffrey@nz.ey.com
Posted: Mon 10 Sep 2018